What's on my table: Ultramarines Deredeo Dreadnought

With the Iron Warriors now able to call upon 10 Tyrant Siege Terminators, I thought I had better bolster the XIIIth Legion's Heavy Support, by painting the Deredeo Dreadnought I built, primed and basecoated last summer (planning ahead is an Ultramarines' hallmark).

Unlike some commentators, I find the curved "speedboat" torso quite distinctive, and I tried to emphasise the curves with a blends of Temple Guard Blue and Lahmian Medium and the shaded regions with  blends of Kantor Blue and Lahmian Medium.  I haven't really felt the need to use blends since I painted an Imperial Knight.

Deredeo Dreadnought
Feel the Emperor's fury!

I still have the base to paint, and the weathering, in addition to some final highlights on the metal work, as well as finishing the lenses. But so far I am pretty pleased with the results.

I'm also using some time off work to paint a couple of Zone Mortalis Beta boards (the awkward U-shaped ones), and hopefully a new praetor for the Iron Warriors.  The crusade is never ending.


Ultramarines Deredeo Dreadnought
Comparatively straightforward to paint: the picture probably doesn't do justice to the blending I used in order to emphasise the curved surfaces and shaded regions

Comments

Popular Posts