On My Table: Iron Warriors Tactical Squad



IVthe Legion Horus Heresy
My current project: a 10-man tactical squad, still on their painting corks, but
with the boltgun arms glued on

It has been a little while since my last post.  The PC game Total War Warhammer II has largely been to blame for that, soaking up much of my spare time, as well as illness (painting edge highlights becomes very difficult when you can't stop coughing and sneezing).  I am currently working on a second 10-man tactical squad for the Iron Warriors; the first was finished before I allowed myself to play Total War Warhammer II (I'll post pictures of the squads when this one is finished).

As far as this squad goes, most of the highlights are finished (none of the tactical squads have the final highlight, and possibly never will without an incentive like Armies on Parade to gee me up), and the next step will be weathering (in this case, caking their greaves and boots in mud), followed by painting their urban bases.  I am hoping to get that done this week.

Then a difficult question; what should I paint next? A second Ultramarine Breacher squad (not a quick project), an Ultramarine Contemptor Dreadnought, or an Ultramarine tactical support squad with volkite calivers (again not so quick a job)? 

I am hoping Father ForgeWorld is going to being me a second Iron Warriors Domitar Ferrum Battle Automaton for Christmas....

Comments

Popular Posts