First of the Imperial Fists Breachers


Imperial Fists Breacher Squad
Walls? Sealed bulkhead doors?  Not a problem for these guys


No-one paints the Imperial Firsts because they relish painting yellow.  Let's face it, one of the big reasons you paint the VIIth Legion because you love space marines with shields. And who doesn't love space marines with shields?  Whether it's the Phalanx warders, Templar Brethren or terminators with Vigil pattern storm shields, to Alexis Polux himself, it is clear the Fists love fighting with shields.  Their most iconic battle until the Siege of Terra? That's right, the Battle of Phall.  And that meant Breachers galore!

So I had to start painting what will eventually be two Breacher squads.  If you think tactical squads take a long time to paint for their points value, then Breachers can reduce a grown man to tears.  These were quite fun to paint, especially the thermal imaging camera on the inside of the shields.  The only problem being that I had only seven left, and Forge World was closed.  When they reopened, I put three squads in my basket, but while I was loading up with some tanks (sabres and other goodies), they sold out!  Fortunately they are back in stock and winging their way to me as I write this.  So I will be able to finish the two squads in the next few weeks.  And when I have the two squads painted, I'll set about weathering the shields.

Comments

Popular Posts