Iron Warriors Sicaran Arcus


Reinforcements for the IVth Legion

With the IVth Legion struggling against the Ultramarines, I decided they could do with some extra armour. I love the Sicaran models and the Sicaran Arcus suits the Iron Warriors' background and siege warfare specialty.  The Arcus also has a reputation for being undercosted, and therefore perhaps could lift the Iron Warriors' fortunes.  Of course, the pendulum swings both ways, and I usually find one army is stronger than the other, until I try to remedy that and find that the other army is now stronger.  Hopefully the Arcus won't tilt things too much in the IVth Legion's favour, but the Ultramarines do have 4 Javelin speeders waiting to join the ranks.


Sicaran Arcus

When I assembled my first Sicaran, I hadn't appreciated it enjoyed the Fast special rule, so I didn't see the point of paying for Lascannon sponsons, and built it with heavy bolters.  I didn't make the sam mistake with this one, and the Iron Warriors could do with some more powerful guns.

Horus Heresy Sicaran Arcus

For the lenses, I wanted to paint them in a more glassy style than the green radar style I usually use, and I used the scheme Duncan demonstrates for painting the Kharadron Overlords' port holes on Warhammer TV: Kantor Blue basecoat; a wash on Nuln Oil; layers of Thunderhawk Blue and finally Fenrisian Grey.

Sicaran Arcus

The dirty, rusty metal uses my usual scheme: a base of Leadbelcher; a wash of 50:50 Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade; a stippling of Rhinox Hide, followed by Doombull Brown; a drybrush of Ironbreaker; a wash of diluted Agrax Earthshade; a stippling of Leadbelcher; Ironbreaker edge highlights.  The rust streaks this time used Skrag Brown and Lahmian Medium.

Horus Heresy Sicaran




Iron Warriors Sicaran Arcus

Comments

  1. Lovely job on the Sicaran, getting going on my own Iron Warriors right now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts