Pride of the Legion


Reinforcements for the IVth Legion: Veteran squads

Horus Heresy Mark III Armour
Some of Peturabo's most loyal butchers



It has been a while since my last post.  Work has been hectic, leaving little time to paint.  I have also been assembling and experimenting with my next project. More on that later.  But I have also been working on some Iron Warrior Veterans in Mark III armour, sporting bolters, combi-meltas, a heavy bolter, a few combi-plasmas and some melta guns.


Iron Warriors Veterans


The Mark III armour wasn't as difficult to paint as I had first feared: all those tiny rivets  and the overlapping plates on the backs of the legs had me a little worried.  A drybrush with Ironbreaker mostly took care of those for me, leaving only a little edge high lighting required.  The brass is my usual mix of a base of Brass Scorpion, and then a glaze of Warplock Bronze mixed with Lahmian Medium.  A wash of Agrax Earthshade follows that and then some highlighting with Runelord Brass.

Horus Heresy Mark III Armour

Ever since our first games with the Terrax Pattern Termites, it seemed they were ideally suited to carrying veterans, suitably equipped to be fearsome tank hunters, and of course opting to take the Tank Hunter special rule.  And that is exactly the role I have equipped them for and they are proving quite the handful I expected them to be; much more hardy than a tactical support squad with meltas, for example.  If anything, they are a little over-powered in their Termites, itself a pretty powerful unit.

Iron Warriors Veterans
The IVth legion's finest tank hunters.
That's it for the Iron Warriors for now.  My current project is their nemesis: the Imperial Fists.


Iron Warriors veteran

















Comments

Popular Posts