Iron Warriors Cataphractii with special weapons

Reinforcements for the IVth Legion


Cataphractii Terminators
From Iron Cometh Strength


Cataphractii terminators are iconic in the Horus Heresy.  It's just a bit of a shame they are so slow and their standard bolters a little less than exciting.  To bolster the Cataphractii I already have, I added some with special weapons - two plasma combi bolters and one combi with melta gun - and two plasma blasters. The flame thrower and autocannon I have available always seem to have no impact and I am hoping the plasma blasters will prove more effective.

These are the last of my Iron Warrior shoulder pads, so I wanted to do the terminators justice.  Looking at the models I painted earlier - and the first models I painted for the Heresy - I need to go back and touch them up a bit, particularly with the weathering.


Iron Warriors Cataphractii Terminators
Combi bolter with melta gun

These were slow going because work and commuting takes up so much time and my eyes are usually pretty tired when I get home from a day staring at computer screens.  I really need to get my painting passion back, because these fellas are going to need a ride, which means I need to paint up their Spartan...

No longer will the followers of the false emperor be able to hide

Hopefully the young Crusader Eternal and I can get a couple of games in over Christmas.  Of course, compared to the Siege Tyrants these are nothing special.  But as I said at the beginning, they are iconic.  And if I ever decide I want to paint Peturabo, then they will be able to deep strike.

Combi bolter with plasma gun

Cataphractii Terminators
Another combi bolter with plasma gun

Cataphractii Terminators
Another plasma blaster



Comments

Popular Posts