Reinforcements: Ultramarine Suzerain Invictarii

 

Invictarus Suzerain
Suzerain Invictarii, with their brutal legatine axes

More Suzerain Invictarii called up to defend the Spear of Konor

I have been procrastinating over painting a second squad of Ultramarine Suzerain Invictarii.  I didn't enjoy painting the first squad partly because I wasn't sure of the details and the appropriate colours to paint them.  The second squad was much easier, and rather than the Macragge Blue shields of the first squad, I decided to paint these ones black.  The original squad had too much blue, and the black matches the shields of the Ultramarine Breacher squad much better.  I managed to paint them from blue undercoat to 99% finished in a week.  I still have to decide how to finish the Legatine axes; I have painted many power weapon schemes (all in blue), and I am just wondering if it could be too much blue again.  And of course, I now need to go back over the original squad and repaint their shield black, as well as touch up their gold adornments with Liberator gold, which I used on this squad



Invictarus Suzerain Squad
It's hard to believe I managed to paint these in a week!


Horus Heresy
I'm pretty pleased with the results, although there are still some
final highlights to add (aren't there always!)


Spear of Konor
It would be great to have 10 of these jumping out of a Spartan


thecrusadeeternal
They look pretty distinctive on the Sci Fi deck bases I use 


Horsu Heresy
A 10-strong Invictarus Suzerain Squad should be a match for
any infantry unit in close combat

Comments

Popular Posts