In memoriam Games Workshop Putney

Welcome to my blog about modelling and warring in the worlds of Warhammer.  While there are many better painters than me, I have still learned a few tricks that I hope to share to aid others in their endeavours.  I was inspired to start my blog by the pending closure of my local Games Workshop store.  Had it not been for its arrival in the neighbourhood, I would never have been encouraged to return to the hobby after almost 30 years and introduce my son, in the hope of continuing a tradition.  I will always be especially grateful to Ben, the first manager, for opening the store and building it up, and Charlie, who followed in his footsteps and particularly inspired me in my painting, and my son in his burning hatred of the xenos threat.  Farewell, Games Workshop Putney.
 
 
Numquam obliviscendus
 
 
A fitting subject for this first post are a couple of pictures of my Zone Mortalis board, which is almost ready for its first skirmishes.  The unsuspecting Blood Angels venture into the space hulk, unaware of the dangers within.
 
 
Zone Mortalis Space Hulk

Zone Mortalis Space Hulk
 
 
I have been working on the Zone all summer, and my next post will display the finished board, along with a step-by-step guide to how I painted it.  It is not for the faint of heart.  But whether in the service of the Emperor, or the Chaos gods, we must all make sacrifices.

Comments

Popular Posts